How to register a startup in India/how to register a company
Many people now want to avail the benefits of startup India initiative and want to know about the registration process of a company in India be it a Trust, NGO, Private limited company, Partnership and Sole Proprietorship.
As on January 16. 2016, the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi announced a new initiative called Startup India a government of India Initiative to promote budding entrepreneurs by creating enabling environment and system that is conducive startups.
Eligibility or entitlement of the startup shall be following.
- Private Limited Company (The Companies Act,2013)
- Registered Partnership Firm (The Indian Partnership Act,1932)
- Limited Liability Partnership (The Limited Liability Partnership Act,2008)
- Also one-person companies are also eligible under the Start-up India Initiative.
For requirements are needed in order for a start up to be considered eligible for the initiative.
- An entity is considered as startup up to 5 years from the date of its incorporation/ registration
- Its turnover for any of the financial years has not exceeded INR 25 crore
- It is working towards innovation, development, deployment or commercialization of new products, processes or services driven by technology or intellectual property
- It is supported by a recommendation (innovative nature of the business), OR by an incubator funded by Gol, OR is funded by Gol, OR is granted a patent or trademark in association with nature of business
Process for the registration of the startup
Process 1: An entity can register itself through MCA or Registrar of Firms using the existing processes and subsequently register itself on the Startup India portal and mobile app as a “Startup” to avail the benefits.
Process 2: An entity can register itself through the Startup India portal and mobile app using a seamless process. This facility would be made available in the second phase of the Startup India portal and mobile app launch.
- Log in to Startup India Portal(http://startupindia.gov.in/registration.php)
- Choose your legal entity
- Input your incorporation/registration number
- Input your incorporation/registration date
- Input PAN number (optional)
- Input your address with postal code & state
- Input authorized representative details
- Input director(s)/partner(s) details
- Choose and upload supporting documents and self-certification
- Incorporation/registration certificate of company/LLP/Partnership
- Registration to avail tax and IPR
- Certify the official notification terms and conditions