Tourism Innovation Lab is seeking applications for their Cariboo Chilcotin Coast: “Spark” Mentorships & Grants Program. Whether you are an individual, a start-up or an established small business or non-profit organization, there can be many challenges and barriers to bringing a new tourism idea, experience or partnership to fruition.
Sponsoring Agency: Tourism Innovation Lab
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/03/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Whether you are an individual, a start-up or an established small business or non-profit organization, there can be many challenges and barriers to bringing a new tourism idea, experience or partnership to fruition.
The “Spark” Program will match selected candidates with a tourism mentor and provide a source of financial support to help take your great new tourism idea to the next level of development or implementation.
The goal is to inspire Cariboo Chilcotin Coast entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profit organizations to come forward with creative ideas that will generate new tourism opportunities, experiences and partnerships in the area.
Selected applicants will receive:
• 3 month mentorship with a tourism innovator, experienced operator, industry leader and/or sector expert
• $3,000 “Spark” grant to support tourism idea development activities
• Access to a support network of tourism innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders
• Ongoing guidance on other resources and support services provided by partners
All program applicants will be invited to join the “Spark” community of tourism innovators, partners and supporters for special networking events, one-on-one’s, and development workshops.
Who Can Apply?
• Individuals 18+ who live/work in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
• Small businesses (up to 10 full-time year-round employees) based in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
• Small non-profit organizations (up to 10 full-time year-round employees) based in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast.
They are looking for new ideas for the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast that address one or more of the following:
• Enhances current tourism offerings
• Creates new, high-quality tourism experiences
• Addresses gaps in tourism products and services
• Motivates travel, longer stays and repeat visits
• Increases visitation and tourism spending
*Tourism ideas must be based in and benefit the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast area.
More information at: https://www.tourisminnovation.ca/cariboochilcotincoast.html
Tourism, Business, Startups, Small and Medium Enterprises