Apply for the Human Rights Essay Award which is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. If are a lawyer and seeking grant, this opportunity is for you!
All the details are given below, check them out.
Sponsoring Agency: Washington College of Law
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline: January 31, 2022
The call for submission for the 2022 Human Rights Essay Award is now open and the topic for 2022 will be CLIMATE CHANGE AND HUMAN RIGHTS: IMPACTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND OPPORTUNITIES.
The following recipients are eligible:
- This award is open to all lawyers around the world regardless of their nationality!
- ONLY participants with a law degree Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) o equivalent by the submission due date are eligible to enter the competition.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2022 topic: Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities.
- Shall remember the essay must be an academic article with proper citations.
The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options.
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review
For more information, visit here.