TIA is seeking applications for projects in the industrial Biotechnology business. It will mainly focus on Bioplastics. Interested candidates can check the Eligibility Criteria and apply for this science grant.
Sponsoring Agency: TIA
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline: January 28, 2022
Technology Innovation Agency (TIA, organization) is an entity of the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) was established in terms of the TIA Act, 2008 (Act No. 26 of 2008) with the objective to stimulate, intensify and exploit technological innovation to improve economic growth and quality of life of all South Africans.
TIA is calling for the submission of funding applications for projects in the Industrial Biotechnology business, focusing on the Bioplastics sector, and specifically addressing:
- Development of biobased and biodegradable bioplastics, such as modified thermoplastic starch and other biodegradable polymers like polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA), polylactide (PLA), and polybutylene succinate (PBS);
- Improving the biodegradability of bioplastics;
- Use of novel renewable resources for bioplastic production;
- Improving recycling processes for bioplastics; and
- Developing a more cost-effective production process for bioplastics.
Technology innovators that are eligible to apply should be:
- Start-up companies
- Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMMEs)
- Science Councils (SCs)
- Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
For more information, visit here.